1. Differentiate between: a) Primary bone healing and secondary bone healing.
b) DCP and locked compression plate
2. Define functional cast bracing. Discuss the indications and principles of applications of patellar tendon bearing cast.
3. Describe the biomechanics of hip. Discuss Trendelenburg test and gait.
4. Write short notes on:
a) Ganga score
b) Spine at risk sign
5. Describe the principles of ultrasonography. List the usage of ultrasonography in orthopedic practice.
6. Briefly describe methods to cover defects after excision of primary malignant tumors of bone. What is extracorporeal irradiated tumour bone?
7. Write short notes on:
8. Write short notes on: -
a) Impact factor -
c) Randomized Control Trial (RCT)
9. Describe the anatomy of posterior cruciate ligament. Discuss the pros and cons of cruciate retaining Vs cruciate sacrificing total knee replacement.
10. Bleeding disorders encountered in orthopedic practice. What is a hemophilíc pseudotumor? Discuss its management.
11. Discuss the pathology, clinical features and management of synovial chondromatosis.
22. What is “Diffuse Interstitial Skeletal Hyperostosis'
Describe the clinical features and its management.
33. What is compartment syndrome? Discuss aetiology, clinical picture and management of compartment syndrome of the leg.
44. What is surgical dislocation of the hip joint? Enumerate the indications and key technical steps.
55. Write short notes on:
a) IT(Iliotibial) band contracture ín Polio
b) Strength duration curve
6. Write short notes on.
a) Giant cell variants
b) Psoas abscess
7. Define the “Borderline” patient in polytrauma. Discuss the clinical and investigative parameters to decide whether the patient should be managed by Early Total Care (ETC) Vs Damage Control Orthopedics -(DCO).
8. short notes on:
a) Management strategies `in a HIV patient with a fresh compound fracture of leg bones.
b) Mádelung defonnity.
9. Describe in brief etiology, pathology, clinical presentation and the principles of management of Charcots joints.
10. what is reverse shoulder replacement? How is it different from conventional shoulder arthroplasty? Enumerate the indications and biochemical basis of the design of this prosthesis.
1. Discuss the pathogenesis. clinical features and management of Dupuytren's contracture.
2. Describe the classification, clinical features and management of tibial hemimelia.
3. Describe the flexor tendon zones of the hand. Describe the management of cut flexor tendons of middle finger in zone Ill.
4. Describe the classification of Perthe's disease. Enumerate 'Head at Risk’ signs. List prognostic factors in Perthe’s disease.
5. Write short notes on:
a) Electrodiagnosis in carpal tunnel syndrome
b) Salter's osteotomy
6 Write short notes on:
a) Isokinetic exercises
b) Steenbeek brace
6. Describe the etiology, clinical features, diagnosis and treatment of renal osteodystrophy.
7. Describe the pathology, clinical features, radiological findings and treatment of diaphyseal aclasis.
8. What is crouch gait? How will you evaluate such a patient? Discuss the management.
9. Write short notes on:
a) Quadriceps contracture of infancy and childhood.
b) Pathoanatomy of clubfoot.
1. Classify acromioclavicular joint injuries. Discuss diagnosis and management.
2. Describe the mechanism of injury, classification and treatment of Hangman’s fracture.
3. Describe the mechanism of injury and classification of tibia! pilon fracture. Discuss the management.
4. Classify perioperative femoral stem fractures around the hip joint. Discuss the treatment options.
5. Write short notes on: -
a) Role of injectable methyl prednisolone in post traumatic spinal injuries.
b) Classificatíon of incomplete spinal cord syndromes.
6. Classify acetabular fracture. Outline the treatment of each fracture type.
7. Define post traumatic stiff knee. Discuss in brief its causes, diagnosis and management.
8. What are the components of “Terrible triad of the Elbow"? Describe the mechanism and principles of management.
9. Discuss the diagnosis of radial nerve palsy. Suggest the treatment guidelines for closed fracture of humerus with radial nerve palsy.
10. Define hierarchy of evidence. Define broad principles of each level of evidence.